Saturday, February 8, 2014

I'M GOING TO EUROPE!!!...Better Buy a Backpack!

Hello friends :)

I'm starting this blog primarily because I will be studying abroad and traveling throughout Europe this summer and want to be able to keep my friends, family, and most importantly my mother updated on where I am and what I'm doing and learning.

There's a quick recap of my travels on the side panel of my blog, but I'm just too excited to stop talking about it, so I'll introduce to you all of the places I'm expecting to be this summer:

PARIS  |  france
themes.themoliter.com
LYON  |  france
 actuaries.org
LONDON  |  england
raileurope.com
ROME  |  italy
en.wikipedia.org

DUBROVNIK  |  croatia
miriadna.com
BERLIN  | germany
travelsmartblog.com

AMSTERDAM  |  the netherlands
backgroundku.com

DUBLIN  |  ireland
globetreks.com



With all of these places awaiting my arrival, I figured it was just about time to buy a proper travel backpack. For the longest leg of my trip in France, I'll also have a giant suitcase as well as my backpack. But after my study abroad trip ends and I start my backpacking adventures, I wanted to find a good, lightweight backpack (I'll somehow be shipping my suitcase back home between studying abroad and backpacking). Soooo, I did the most sensible thing a person could do, and took a field trip to REI with my 14 year old brother. 


I decided on the "REI Vegabond Tour 40 Pack" which is a lot bigger than it looks in the pictures. It's pretty tall and goes down pretty far as well. The guy at REI said he's been all over the world with this pack and it was on sale for $103! 

Since we're only going backpacking for 2 weeks after I study abroad and all most hostels have washing machines, I'll be thinking light :) It has the same capacity and sizing as a carry on suitcase, the picture just makes it look really small! 

Subscribe to my blog to hear all about where I'll be going and how I'll be getting there! Next stop in a couple weeks is New York City with my my very best friend Nicole and my boyfriend Daniel (Nicole lives in New York, and this trip was Daniel's christmas present). Yay! 



No comments:

Post a Comment